lens care guide
When you buy a pair of high quality prescription eyeglasses from the professionals at Union Eye Care your are getting a high quality pair of glasses designed to last a long time. Your fashion eyewear does require proper care if you are going to enjoy them as long as possible.
Here are a few quick hints to help you learn proper care for your prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, and designer eyewear. Follow these easy steps to keep your eyeglass lenses looking like new.
- Always rinse off your lenses with water before wiping or cleaning. Even tiny particles can be abrasive when rubbed across the lens surface.
- Clean your lenses by using eyeglass spray, liquid cleaner, or just warm water and a little dishwashing liquid. Gently cleanse the lens surface and rinse off or wipe off any residue. Never use chemicals not specifically designed for lenses.
- Always use a soft, clean cloth to wipe the lens surface after rinsing or cleaning. A 100% cotton cloth is best.
- If you have to take your glasses off for a minute don’t lay them face down. Keeping the lens surface face up prevents them from coming in contact with dirt and materials that can scratch the lenses.
- Store your eyeglasses in their case when you're not using them. The case keeps dust and particles off your lenses and prevents them from being accidentally damaged.